Leadership matters when harmonizing the knowledge, skills and talents that already exist in local communities to achieve equity. The Coalition for Community Schools supports communities in creating comprehensive systems of support grounded in a framework of collaborative leadership.
The Coalition has two goals for technical assistance that, all partners including IEL, help support.
- Increase the number of Community Schools that achieve equitable outcomes for children, students, families, and communities; and
- Increase the number of systems of collaborative leadership across whole communities.
As the Coalition intermediary, IEL focuses on preparing, supporting, and mobilizing leaders of all ages, stages, and contexts in becoming champions of equity by building their capacity to navigate effectively across sectors, ideologies, and inclusive decision-making. Get engaged individually and in small or large groups:
- Coaching: Whether developing one Community School or an entire system, the Coalition is readily available to instantly respond to your unique circumstances as you navigate the politics, personalities and personal agendas that you just can’t fit into a framework. We have a network of national and local exemplar leaders with lived experiences and vast national knowledge to walk with you on your journey. Contact email@example.com.
- Resources: Our Resource Library contains a vast wealth of tools, templates, guides, and reports that you can use in your CS work, especially for those needing support in scaling up their systems. For example, this rubric provides a framework for developing State Coalitions. Not seeing what you’re looking for? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more support.
- Professional Development:
- Principal Leadership – IEL works with districts to improve their engagement and capacity-building systems, through our I4 program and other PD. Partner with the Coalition to see how you can better prepare principals and Coordinators in your district.
- Education Policy Fellowship Program (EPFP)
- Family Engagement Audits (contact email@example.com)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Learning Labs: Learning Labs provide learning experiences through the exploration of local work, context and dialogue with local leaders and partners and are offered in-person and virtually. IEL specializes in providing VR Learning Labs for a range of partners, from the Massachusetts Commission for the blind to the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services. To learn more, check out our Learning Lab resources in Resource Library and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Networks: Holding true to our belief in the power of community, we accelerate the development of adaptive, collaborative, and distributive leadership along with the scaling best practices through the shared experiences of Community School professionals in peer groups. Learn more about these free opportunities.
- Youth Development: Are you a mid-level manager of a youth program, looking for ways to sustain and support program impact? We can help with that too. Contact us at email@example.com. EL’s RAMP project also supports youth with disabilities across the country to plan their careers – learn more here.