Community Schools and Place Based Strategies
Community Schools and Other Place-Based Strategies Webinar
Members for the Community Schools Leadership Network discuss where community schools fit in the landscape of place-based initiatives and share strategies for aligning and partnering at the local level in this webinar. Webinar presenters include members of the West Coast Collaborative and guests from PolicyLink and cradle to career efforts.
Webinar PowerPoint Presentation
An Audio Recording of Webinar
- Share thinking and lessons from the field on alignment of community schools initiatives with other place-based efforts.
- Articulate position on community schools as complementary and effective implementation strategy for other place-based initiatives.
- Hear perspectives on alignment from colleagues outside the community school field.
- Identify key messages and strategies for aligning in your community.
- Diana Hall, SUN Community Schools, Multnomah County, OR
- Ellen Pais, Los Angeles Education Partnership, CA
- Leilani Dela Cruz, Community Schools Collaboration, South King County, WA
- Michael McAfee, Promise Neighborhoods Institute at PolicyLink
- Rebecca Boxx, Mayor’s Children & Youth Cabinet, Providence, RI
COALITION REPORT: Community Schools and Place-Based Strategies
If you have any other publications or materials that might be another helpful resource for this page, please share them with the Coalition. Email us