Full Service Community School Grant
The Federal Full Service Community Schools Grant has been released! Now it's time to get to work in planning your application. This page will provide you with the essential resources and tools - from the Coalition and the U.S. Department of Education.Click here
to access the grant application.
Full Service Community Schools Grant 2010 Webinar
Community Schools Planning resources
- Part I of FSCS webinar - Marty Blank, Director of the Coalition, discusses the community schools vision and operating principles as they relate to the Federal Full Service Community Schools grant. He also addresses questions from the field. (To optimally view this audio and visual presentation use Internet Explorer.)
- Part II of FSCS webinar - Carolyn Kramer a current FSCS grantee, from Seattle Public Schools, discusses the first FSCS cohort's lessons learned and challenges in Year 1. (Due to technical difficulties, this portion of the webinar is not ready to be posted.)
- PowerPoint Presentation - from June 24, 2010 webinar
Community School Basics
- Community Schools Fact Sheet
- Community Schools Results Framework - This document outlines a rationale for the community school as a primary vehicle for increasing student success and strengthening families and community; and it defines specific results that community schools seek—both in terms of how they function and in relationship to the well being of students, families and communities.
- Community Schools Evaluation Toolkit - This toolkit is designed to help community schools evaluate their efforts so that they learn from their successes, identify current challenges, and plan future efforts. It is a practical, hands-on guide that makes it possible for you to improve your community school’s effectiveness and to tell your story. Equally important, it offers a menu of data collection tools (i.e. surveys, public databases) for evaluating whether and how your school is achieving results.
- Community Schools Results – see the difference that community schools across the country are making!
- Community Schools PowerPoints – breaks down the community school strategy. This is a great tool for getting stakeholders on board!
U.S. Department of Education Resources
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email email@example.com